SoulMates Volunteer Teen Program
“Being a part of the SoulMates Teen Volunteer Program has been incredibly rewarding. I get so much more out of this experience than what I give. ~ Teen Volunteer
Volunteers are at the heart of Hospice & Community Care. They contribute to the lives of our patients and their families every day. If you know a teen (age 15-18) looking to make a meaningful difference, please encourage them to participate in our SoulMates Teen Volunteer Program. The SoulMates Program is a way for area teens to learn firsthand about the importance of volunteering and the impact they can have on the community. We will provide a comprehensive training program to help them decide where to begin their volunteering journey.
- A rewarding way to give back to your community
- Fulfill school service- learning/community service requirements
- Great addition to add to your resume or college application
- Opportunity for meaningful intergenerational experiences
- Gain valuable hands-on skills
Teen Volunteer Roles:
- Provide companionship to patients
- Record patient interviews & life reviews
- Greet visitors at the Bob Fryer & Family Inpatient Center
- Help with landscaping/gardening projects
- Play music or sing to patients and families
- Support special community events
- Participate in the Sunshine Crew (Holiday crafts, birthday cards, baking, etc.)
- Teens 15–18 years old
- Must attend an in-person Volunteer Training (session offered quarterly)
- Parental Consent Form
- Must have flu vaccination & TB test (Tuberculosis skin test paid for by organization)
- Desire to make a difference!
For more information, contact Jen Horan, Director of Volunteer Services, at (717) 735-2466 email@example.com. CLICK HERE to apply.