COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information
Hospice & Community Care’s leadership is meeting daily to update the organization’s plans and preparations as we continue to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. We are following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). We are communicating regularly with our staff, patients and families, and volunteers to insure everyone’s care and safety during this time.
Hospice & Community Care is proud to support our nurses and aides, physicians, social workers, nurse practitioners, chaplains, bereavement counselors, and our entire team, as we work together to continue to provide the excellent care that Hospice & Community Care has delivered for 40 years. Thank you to the individuals, businesses and organizations that are so generously supporting these efforts to help offset the tremendous costs of continuing care during this time.
Last Updated 5/11/2020
For the safety of our patients and families, the staff caring for them and all the visitors to our facility, Hospice & Community Care has implemented the following Visitor Restrictions at our Bob Fryer & Family Inpatient Center.
How You Can Help
- Hospice & Community Care is in need of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE). This equipment enables our employees to deliver care to patients without fear of contracting or spreading the Coronavirus.
- The new CARES (Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security) Act is designed to help you, businesses and nonprofits facing economic hardship during the Coronavirus pandemic. Check out a few key provisions of the CARES Act that may affect you and your charitable goals, including a $300 above-the-line charitable deduction which may impact your 2020 tax return. See how other donors are choosing to support Hospice during this time.Amidst this crisis, Hospice & Community Care staff continues to care for patients and families and we rely on community support to fulfill this mission. If you are able, please consider supporting Hospice with a charitable donation. For more information, contact Amy Lewis at (717) 433-6886.
- For the latest updates and detailed information on COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control & Prevention website.
- Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act Summary
- General COVID-19 Fact Sheet created by Penn State Extension Services
- COVID-19 Fact Sheet for the Plain Sect created by Penn State Extension Services
- The PA Department of Aging’s COVID-19 Resource Guide for Older Adults
- Coping with grief and social distancing
- Grief Support: Coronavirus Pandemic
Cancellations & Postponements
As we are taking all necessary precautions for the health and safety of our patients and families, staff, volunteers and visitors related to the Coronavirus outbreak, we have started offering our support groups virtually and cancelled or postponed several events that we had scheduled through the end of June, 2020. Click here for the most current information.