COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Information
Hospice & Community Care’s leadership is meeting daily to update the organization’s plans and preparations as we continue to monitor the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. We are following the guidance of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Pennsylvania Department of Health and the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). We are communicating regularly with our staff, patients and families, and volunteers to insure everyone’s care and safety during this time.
As we are taking all necessary precautions for the health and safety of our patients and families, staff, volunteers and visitors related to the Coronavirus outbreak, we have cancelled or postponed several events that we had scheduled through the end of May, 2020. We encourage you to visit this page often for the most current information.
As a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and in an effort to insure everyone’s health and safety, the following events/programs scheduled for this spring have been cancelled:
- Remembering Our Mothers Breakfast – Those individuals who have pre-registered and made payment to attend will be contacted with their registration fee to be refunded in a timely manner.
- Social Dine Out Options through the Pathways Center
- GRASP (Grief Recovery After a Substance Passing)
The following events have been postponed.
- Women’s Giving Circle Education Luncheon
- Volunteer Recognition Celebration
Many of the support groups offered by the Pathways Center for Grief & Loss will now be held via Zoom. Please call the Pathways Center at (717) 391-2413 or (800) 924-7610 to request the log-in address or phone number to participate via Zoom. We have heard positive feedback from others who are already utilizing our video services and we hope you’ll join us. You’re never alone!
The Bob Fryer & Family Inpatient Center — Visitor Restrictions
For the safety of our patients and families, the staff caring for them and all the visitors to our facility, Hospice & Community Care the following Visitor Restrictions are in effect.
Visitors are limited to two per patient at any one time
All visitors to the Inpatient Center will have their temperature checked at the entrance to our facility. Should a visitor’s temperature be greater than 100 degrees Fahrenheit, they will not be permitted to visit.
Visitors are only permitted if they answer “no” to all the following questions:
- Are you experiencing or have you experienced within the past 14 days any of the following symptoms?
- Shortness of breath
- In the last 14 days, have you had contact with someone with the above symptoms?
- In the last 14 days, have you had contact with someone diagnosed with or under investigation for COVID-19?
Visitors are required to wear a mask, which will be provided, for the duration of their visit.
Visitors will be asked to take turns visiting if they arrive with more than two visitors; those not visiting are to remain outside of the facility away from the doors.
Visitors are limited to the patient’s room and are asked to not enter the kitchen or other public areas of the Inpatient Center.
Should any visitors fail to comply with these Visitor Restrictions, this may lead to loss of visitation rights.
Visitors are asked to speak with a staff member with any questions.
Restricciones de visitante de la IPU
Los visitantes están limitados a dos por paciente en cualquier momento
Su temperatura se verificará en la entrada de la IPU. Si su temperatura es superior a 100 grados Fahrenheit, no se le permitirá visitarla.
Los visitantes solo están permitidos si responden “no” a todas las siguientes preguntas:
- ¿Tiene o ha experimentado en los últimos 14 días alguno de los siguientes síntomas?
- Falta de aliento
- En los últimos 14 días, ¿ha tenido contacto personal cercano con alguien con los síntomas anteriores?
- En los últimos 14 días, ¿ha tenido contacto personal cercano con alguien diagnosticado o bajo investigación para COVID-19?
Debe usar una máscara durante la duración de su visita. Se proporcionará una máscara.
Si llega con más de dos visitantes, tómese turnos para visitar. Los que no visiten deben permanecer fuera de las instalaciones lejos de las puertas.
Los visitantes están limitados a la habitación del paciente. No accede a la cocina u otras áreas públicas de la instalación.
El incumplimiento de las restricciones para visitantes puede conducir a la pérdida de los derechos de visita.
Hable con un miembro del personal si tiene alguna pregunta.