Women’s Giving Circle
Building and strengthening Hospice & Community Care…through the power of joint contributions
Be part of a group of women who are making things happen for Hospice & Community Care! The Women’s Giving Circle reached 130+ members strong in 2018. You can join together with women of all ages, backgrounds, professions and interests who believe in the mission of Hospice. The Women’s Giving Circle provides interested women with the unique opportunity to pool their individual annual contribution of $500 and have a greater impact by investing in programs and services that build and strengthen hospice-related programs through the power of joint contributions.
Hospice & Community Care’s Women’s Giving Circle began in 2004 with 24 women who joined together on a philanthropic journey to support Hospice & Community Care. The Circle has grown significantly since then and has raised nearly $500,000 since 2004 to support nearly 150 Hospice & Community Care programs and projects.
To join the Women’s Giving Circle, click here.
2019 Events & Meetings
Come and learn more about how you can make a difference. Join the Women’s Giving Circle and you will make a difference by building and strengthening hospice-related programs.
Spring Education Program
Thursday, April 25 – Lancaster Country Club, Lancaster
New and Prospective Member Orientation
Thursday, September 26 – The Ann B. Barshinger Hospice Center, York
Tuesday, October 1 – Pathways Center for Grief & Loss, Mount Joy
Project Proposal Meeting
Thursday, October 10 – The Essa Flory Center, Lancaster
Thursday, October 10 – The Ann B. Barshinger Hospice Center, York
Annual Meeting and Luncheon
Thursday, November 7 – Lancaster Country Club, Lancaster
Thursday, November 7 – The Ann B. Barshinger Hospice Center, York
2020 Educational Program Planning Meeting
Thursday, November 14 – The Essa Flory Center, Lancaster
For more information, please contact Amy Lewis, Director of Philanthropy, at 717-735-8729 or email@example.com.
2019 Funded Projects
Click here for more information, as well as a history of funded projects
- Inpatient Extended Stay Fund
- Grocery Store Gift Cards
- Ambulance Assistance Fund
- Supportive Care Heart Failure Grant
- Inpatient Center Blanket Warmer
- Handmade Gowns and Neck Pillows for Patients in Inpatient Center
- Educational Booklets for Caregivers
- We Honor Veterans Program
- Pediatric Sunflower Program Memory Making
- Patient Comfort Rinse Shampoo Caps
- Medisets Medication Organizers for Patient Use
- Dementia Resource Kits
- Comfort Kits for Inpatient Center Families and Hospice Response Team Families
- Palliative Care Pocket Talkers for in Hospital Use
- Computer on Wheels Point of Care Documentation System
- GrantHub Grant Management Software
- Education for Coping Kids & Teens Children’s Services Coordinator