Women’s Giving Circle
Building and strengthening Hospice & Community Care…through the power of joint contributions
Be part of a group of women who are making things happen for Hospice & Community Care! The Women’s Giving Circle reached 155 members strong in 2019. The Women’s Giving Circle provides interested women with the unique opportunity to pool their individual annual contribution of $500 and have a greater impact by investing in programs and services that build and strengthen hospice-related programs through the power of joint contributions.
Hospice & Community Care’s Women’s Giving Circle began in 2004 with 24 women who joined together on a philanthropic journey to support Hospice & Community Care. The Circle has grown significantly since then and has raised more than $500,000 since 2004 to support 164 Hospice & Community Care programs and projects.
To join the Women’s Giving Circle, click here.
If you’re 70 ½ or older, you can join the Women’s Giving Circle for 2020 with a tax-free gift, by designating your required minimum distribution from your IRA!
“It is difficult to put into words the expressions of appreciation felt from our patients and families as recipients of Women’s Giving Circle support. Physical relaxation of one’s face and shoulders and a mental calmness when wrapped in a warm blanket from our blanket warmer; the overwhelming sense of relief and peace knowing a loved one is granted an extended stay in The Bob Fryer & Family Inpatient Center; moments to pause and let minds wander and escape to an underwater world found in our aquariums; fresh feeling of a shampoo with shampoo caps when it seemed an impossible task, yet so necessary; and technology that supports staff presence and support for patients and families at the bedside. What may seem a small comfort measure has far reaching impact and communicates Hospice’s understanding that everything matters, details are important and Hospice & Community Care cares enough to go the extra mile to share in their unique experience.”
~ Jean Parsons, Director, Inpatient Services, Hospice & Community Care
Check back soon for 2020 Events & Meetings
Keep in the Know
- The Winter Social, held in February, featured Hospice & Community Care’s Dr. Joan Harrold, Chief Medical Officer and Vice President, Medical Services and Pam Acey, Pediatric Palliative Care RN, who shared how funding from the Women’s Giving Circle was the stimulus for Hospice & Community Care’s pediatric palliative care program, Sunflower Pediatric Care. Click here to view the presentation.
- Held in April, the Spring Education Program featured a panelist of Hospice & Community Care staff who shared through actual patient case studies, how patients and families navigate the many facets of our programs and services, from being referred to pay for care. Click here to view the presentation.
2019 Funded Projects
Click here for more information, as well as a history of funded projects
- Inpatient Extended Stay Fund
- Clinical Patient Special Needs Fund
- Clinical Care Recliners
- Gift Cards
- We Honor Veterans Supplies
- Coping Kids & Teens Program Supplies
- Patient Comfort Rinse Shampoo Caps
- Dementia Resource Kits
- Supportive Care Symptom Management Kits
- Specialty Medical Equipment Rentals
- Air Conditioner and Fan Purchases For Patients
- Supportive Care Patient Financial Assistance
- Pediatric Patient Memory Making Supplies
- “Gone from my Sight”, “The Eleventh Hour” and “When the Time Comes” Booklets