Women’s Giving Circle
Building and strengthening Hospice & Community Care…through the power of joint contributions
Be part of a group of women who are making things happen for Hospice & Community Care! The Women’s Giving Circle reached 130+ members strong in 2018. You can join together with women of all ages, backgrounds, professions and interests who believe in the mission of Hospice. The Women’s Giving Circle provides interested women with the unique opportunity to pool their individual annual contribution of $500 and have a greater impact by investing in programs and services that build and strengthen hospice-related programs through the power of joint contributions.
Hospice & Community Care’s Women’s Giving Circle began in 2004 with 24 women who joined together on a philanthropic journey to support Hospice & Community Care. The Circle has grown significantly since then and has raised nearly $500,000 since 2004 to support nearly 150 Hospice & Community Care programs and projects.
To join the Women’s Giving Circle, click here.
2019 Events & Meetings
Come and learn more about how you can make a difference. Join the Women’s Giving Circle and you will make a difference by building and strengthening hospice-related programs. For more information, please contact Amy Lewis, Director of Philanthropy, at 717-735-8729 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winter Social (formerly Valentine Tea)
- February 5, 2019 – 12:00 noon – 1:30 p.m., Box Hill Mansion, Regents’ Glen Country Club, 1501 Copper Beech Drive, York, PA, (Snow date: February 13)
- February 7, 2019, 5:00 – 6:30 p.m., Lancaster Country Club, 1466 New Holland Pike, Lancaster, PA, (Snow date: February 12)
Program: “From the Beginning, A Vision Realized“, presented by Dr. Joan Harrold, Chief Medical Officer and Medical Director, Hospice & Community Care and Pamela Acey, RN, Pediatric Case Manager, Hospice & Community Care. Members and guests, or prospective members, are invited to attend.
Registration is required. To register, click here.
Spring Education Luncheon
- April 18, 2019 – 5:30 – 7:00 p.m., Box Hill Mansion, Regents’ Glen Country Club, 1501 Copper Beech Drive, York PA
- April 25, 2019 – 12:00 noon – 1:30 p.m., Lancaster Country Club, 1466 New Holland Pike, Lancaster, PA
Program: “Behind the Scenes at Hospice & Community Care: From Referral to Admission”, presented by a panel of Hospice staff.
Members and guests, or prospective members, are invited to attend.
New Member/Prospective Member Orientation Meeting
Learn more about the Women’s Giving Circle including member benefits, upcoming events, funding process and voting procedures.
- Thursday, September 26, 2019, 12:00 noon – 1:00 p.m., The Ann B. Barshinger Hospice Center, Suite 250, 235 St. Charles Way, York
- Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 5:00 – 6:00 p.m., Pathways Center for Grief & Loss, 4075 Old Harrisburg Pike, Mount Joy
Proposal Presentation Meeting
Join us to hear presentations by Hospice & Community Care staff requesting funding of programs and projects. Members and guests are welcome.
- Thursday, October 10, 2019, 4:00 – 6:00 p.m. at The Essa Flory Center, 685 Good Drive, Lancaster
(This meeting will also be available via Zoom at The Ann B. Barshinger Hospice Center, Suite 250, 235 St. Charles Way, York.)
Annual Meeting & Luncheon
Members have the opportunity to vote on which programs and projects they wish to fund for the coming year.
- Tuesday, November 7, 2019, 12:00 noon – Location to be announced
2018 Funded Projects
- Inpatient Extended Stay Fund
- Grocery Store Gift Cards
- Ambulance Assistance Fund
- Supportive Care Heart Failure Grant
- Inpatient Center Blanket Warmer
- Handmade Gowns and Neck Pillows for Patients in Inpatient Center
- Educational Booklets for Caregivers
- We Honor Veterans Program
- Pediatric Sunflower Program Memory Making
- Patient Comfort Rinse Shampoo Caps
- Medisets Medication Organizers for Patient Use
- Dementia Resource Kits
- Comfort Kits for Inpatient Center Families and Hospice Response Team Families
- Palliative Care Pocket Talkers for in Hospital Use
- Computer on Wheels Point of Care Documentation System
- GrantHub Grant Management Software
- Education for Coping Kids & Teens Children’s Services Coordinato