Pediatric Hospice Care
Call us now at (877) 777-5559 or complete the form below.
The Sunflower Pediatric Care Program offers specialized care designed around the unique needs of children ages birth to 21 years with serious illness and their family. Hospice care focuses on comfort for individuals with any serious illness who have weeks or months rather than years to live.
Children up to age 21 who receive Medicaid or Children’s Health Insurance Plan (CHIP) may receive hospice care alongside curative or disease-directed treatments, an insurance benefit known as “concurrent care.” Children with private insurance also have a hospice care benefit, though “concurrent care” is not guaranteed.
What We Do:
- Provide emotional, spiritual, and psychosocial support to children, with full support provided to families, including siblings, extended family, and caregivers.
- Help enhance patients’ quality of life by relieving pain and other burdensome symptoms, such as fatigue, nausea or anxiety.
- Provide access to a dedicated team of physicians, nurses, aides, social workers, chaplains, music and massage therapists, and bereavement counselors trained to address the unique care needs of children coping with a serious illness.
- Partner with patients’ parents, caregivers, and medical specialists to ensure seamless communication and care coordination.
- Coordinate with patients’ pediatricians or specialists to create a personalized plan of care, which can be provided at home, long-term care residences, the hospital, or the Bob Fryer & Family Inpatient Center and can continue alongside curative treatments.
Contact the Team
"*" indicates required fields