Mount Joy Hospice Center
The Bob Fryer & Family Inpatient Center in Mount Joy opened in October, 2008. It is located at 4075 Old Harrisburg Pike, Mount Joy. (Click here for directions.)
Bob Fryer & Family Inpatient Center in Mount Joy
Although most people prefer to stay at home, patients may need another level of care to manage pain or other symptoms. Care is available for patients and their families in the Bob Fryer & Family Inpatient Center in Mount Joy. Inpatient care is often short-term and patients return home when symptoms are managed.
The Inpatient Center is designed to be a "home away from home," with bright rooms, shelves for keepsakes and photos from home and plenty of space for family and friends to gather. The Hospice Center is open 24 hours a day for visitors, and features living rooms and fully equipped kitchens so patients and their families can spend as much time together as possible.
Features and benefits include:
- A rural setting with gardens and pathways to enhance the outdoors
- Brightly decorated home-like rooms with room to display personal items and other life-enriching mementos. Each room features a private bath, reclining chair, a comfortable couch and a patio for the increased comfort of patients and families
- Three wings that invoke a lovely atmosphere, each wing featuring a kitchen, terrace, living room with television, patio and screened-in porch
- Private spaces such as meditation room, counseling rooms and library
- Internet access and wireless capabilities for patient families' convenience, and centrally located nursing stations
Pathways Center for Grief & Loss
Pathways Center for Grief & Loss is a free resource to the entire community, not just hospice families. Our mission is to support and encourage the inherent ability to heal and discern new paths on one''s journey through grief. In 2012, Pathways provided direct support to more than 8,500 community members through programs including camps for children and their families, teen programs, remembrance services and events and grief counseling in groups or one-on-one settings.