Celebrating a Record-Breaking Labor Day Auction!
A spectacular sunset closed out a spectacular Hospice Labor Day Auction event! Thanks to the overwhelming support of so many, Hospice & Community Care is celebrating our most successful Auction ever! We raised a record amount of more than $420,000 for the care and support of Hospice patients and families. We are truly grateful to the more than 2,000 bidders who gave from their hearts, our wonderful sponsors and donors of thousands of unique Auction items, our dedicated volunteers and staff who worked so very hard, our friends from the Amish community, and everyone who came out to enjoy this amazing event.
- The Camp Chimaqua Quilt, created by children who attended our Pathways Center for Grief & Loss overnight bereavement camp was claimed for a heart-warming bid of $825.
- Sports fans were happy in the Sports Memorabilia Auction Tent, including top bidders of a Robin Roberts autographed photo that went for $825; a Bill O’Brien autographed football for $725; and a postcard autographed by Jackie Robinson for $625. The Sports Memorabilia Auction raised a total of more than $44,000.
- A jam-packed Used Auction Building, full of one-of-a-kind treasures and bargains, raised a total of $12,000.
- One of many fun trips, a “Taste of Philly” tour of Philadelphia’s Italian Market fetched $1,300.
- Wonderful auctioneers, including Steve Gallion, Stauffers of Kissel Hill’s Garden Guy, kept bidders smiling in the Plant & Garden tent while raising a total of more than $10,900.
- For the first time, a new Amish carriage was up for bid, made for Hospice by local carriage makers. This unique item trotted home with a lucky bidder for $4,800.
- The Hospice sheet cake, an Auction tradition, was bought numerous times by generous bidders who yelled “Sell it again!” repeatedly, raising a total of $2,200.
We humbly thank the many volunteers, artists, quilt makers, business and individual donors who make the auction possible, as well as the kind members of the Amish Community for the deliciously-prepared food that we look forward to each year.
Thank You to our 2013 Corporate Sponsors!
Huge thanks to our many sponsors, whose support is crucial to the Auction's success. Click on the logos of our Presenting Sponsor, Diamond, Platinum and Gold Sponsors to visit their websites.